The Garrick Theatre was designed by architect Walter Emden for W S Gilbert. Charles John Phipps was brought in as a consultant to assist with the planning since the site included an underground river. The theatre opened in April 1889 and was named in honour of the English actor, producer, dramatist, and poet, David Garrick.
The gold leaf auditorium was restored by stage designer Carl Toms in 1986 and in 1997 the front of the building was given a facelift.
This theatre is currently owned by Max Weitzenhoffer and Nica Burns.
2 Charing Cross Road
Transport / Accessibility
Nearest Underground: Leicester Square
Nearest Rail: Charing Cross
Bus Routes: 3, 6, 9, 12, 13, 15, 24, 29, 30