Donmar Warehouse Theatre
The building which now houses The Donmar Warehouse was built in the 1870's and originally served as a vat room and hop warehouse for a local brewery in Covent Garden.
In 1961 theatre impresario Sir Donald Albery bought the warehouse and converted it into a private rehearsal studio for the London Festival Ballet, a company he formed with his friend, the legendary ballerina Dame Margot Fonteyn. The combination of their christian names gives the theatre its current name.
In the early 1990's the theatre was completely redesigned and reopened in its present incarnation as an independent producing house.
The theatre is currently owned by the Ambassador Theatre Group.
41 Earlham Street
Transport / Accessibility
Nearest Underground: Covent Garden
Nearest Rail: Charing Cross
Bus Routes: 14, 19, 24, 29, 38, 176