Apollo Victoria Theatre

The Apollo Victoria Theatre was designed by Ernest Wamsley Lewis with William E Trent and opened in October 1930 as the New Victoria Cinema.

This Art Deco building was carefully designed to create an overall streamlined effect with vertical banding originally holding neon lighting. Built on a rectangular site, it has two identical facades, one on Vauxhall Bridge Road and the other on Wilton Road.

The cinema closed in 1975 and was converted to a theatre, reopening for live entertainment in 1981 under it's present name. The theatre underwent extensive refurbishment in 2002 when the original interior was restored to its former glory.

The theatre is currently owned by Clear Channel Entertainment.

Address
Apollo Victoria Theatre
17 Wilton Road
London
SW1V 1LG

Location map

Transport / Accessibility
Nearest Underground: Victoria
Nearest Rail: Victoria
Wheelchair Access: Yes

What's on at the Apollo Victoria Theatre

  • Wicked Booking from 16th Jan 2018 until 1st Dec 2018 Full details
  • Wicked Booking from 16th Jan 2018 until 1st Dec 2018 Full details